Frequently Asked Questions
What if my ferry is late or I missed it?
- If you are late for your tour or do not show up, you will not be refunded. As a company, we will have incurred all the same expenses and will have sadly turned other zippers away who wanted your spot. Be careful to plan well in advance for ferry lines and ferry schedule changes. It is not unusual for ferries to be running 20 to 30 minutes late, and ferry lines can get long in the summer months.
How long does the entire zip tour take?
- The tour will take a total of 3 hours at the most which includes transportation to and from the meeting location.
What if I've never been ziplining before?
- Don’t worry; you’ll fit right in with most other participants! Our experienced and patient guides will happily facilitate your experience to make you as comfortable as possible. You will also complete a short practice session prior to the tour.
What restrictions to you have around age, weight or health?
- Participants must be 8 or older. Participants under the age of 16 will need to be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants must weigh between 60 and 280 pounds (27 and 127 kilograms).
- The weight policy is for your safety. If you fall outside of these weight limits, but made a reservation anyway, you will not be issued a refund.
- There is some walking involved between some lines and at the beginning and end of the tour. Participants must be able to walk a 40’ suspension bridge and climb a 20’ ladder.
- Participants must be able to hold the cable trolley and lift their knees up while they are zipping.
Are we able to drive ourselves to the tour?
- The road to the tour site is private and can be a bit rough; therefore, we don’t allow participants to drive themselves. Our guides will pick you up 15 minutes prior to your tour time at our pickup location in Friday Harbor. The pickup location is on the north end of 1st St past the Whale Museum and Courthouse.
How many people can be in each tour group?
- Tour group consists of a maximum of eight participants and two guides. If you would like to book a larger group, please call (360) 317-8434 to make arrangements!
How high off the ground will I be?
- Between 10 and 60 feet; each individual zip line is different. Our tour is designed to slowly ease people into the experience. Each line will steadily get higher, longer, and faster.
Do you still run zip tours in the rain?
- Yes! We zip in most weather conditions and will make every effort to complete your tour as scheduled. If there is lightning or high winds, we will need to suspend and potentially cancel your tour but we will not cancel due to rain. If your tour is cancelled due to weather, we are happy to offer you a rain check and reschedule you for another date that same season.
What should we bring?
- Bring yourselves, a pair of closed-heal shoes (Tevas or Chacos are fine), comfortable clothes, a water bottle if you'd like and an open attitude. We'll take care of the rest!